blank'/> Kiwi Fruit Chronicles: Ringing in the New Year

Saturday, 17 January 2015

Ringing in the New Year

Hello, 2015!

We have been busy getting to know our little bub and enjoying the summer weather. Harper is doing fantastic. She is growing like a weed, weighing in at 10 lbs 6 oz during her last visit with the nurse. Her little personality is starting to come through. She is generally a very mellow girl and we have started getting smiles (though we have yet to capture one on camera, they are like Yeti). She can hold her head up and likes to practice standing. She is a great sleeper and normally only wakes up once during the night. We have started toying with the idea of sleep training but it hasn't really been an issue so far so enthusiasm is low. Mike is trying to get her to take the bottle now and then but she isn't having it, which has cut into my clubbing.


We had a quiet Christmas this year. Some friends came over on Christmas Eve for a bit but Christmas Day was just the three of us at home. We watched "Jaws" and then took her for a walk in the park. On New Years Eve we took our inaugural family road trip to Oamaru and Dunedin. Harper was a champ and didn't seem to have a problem sleeping at the hotel.

Oamaru is about 3 hours south of here. It is a very artsy community with old, stone buildings near the waterfront. There is a colony of blue penguins there but we couldn't get close enough for much of a view.
Penguins on the pier
Harper on another pier

Dunedin 

Harper relaxing in Dunedin 
A stop on the way home

Mike has been doing some hiking on the weekends but I can't keep up with him yet so Harper and I hang out with friends closer to home. I added some more photos in the New Zealand pictures album (click link below). I put the photos in reverse order so that you don't have to go through all of them to get to the new ones but it does mean that they aren't chronological:

New Zealand pictures

I have also added a bunch of new photos and videos of Harper (link below). I hadn't included too many photos from the hospital in Harper's album because I couldn't look through them without getting emotional - I still can't- but then my friend reminded me that those pictures are part of Harper's story and I oughtn't try to avoid them because, though some make me sad, they are all part of this amazing journey. As such, I have added in a bunch of older photos and videos as well as ones from the past couple of weeks.

Harper pictures
Happy New Year and we look forward to sharing 2015 with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment